Central heating is a system that provides warmth from one or more central sources. Central heating systems can also provide cooling, although this is not common because the equipment to provide cool air usually uses more energy than it produces in return. At NW Boilers, we can supply and fit central heating in Bolton and surrounding areas.
What is Central Heating
Central heating is a system that distributes heat evenly throughout a building. Central heating systems are often fueled by natural gas, oil, or electricity. Domestic hot water, space heating or industrial processes may also use centralized units.
Central heating systems are produced in different grades of efficiency (from low to very high), depending on the cost of fuel used. The most common fuels are natural gas and oil. Central heating can also be fueled by coal/peat, wood pellets, ground source heat pumps, solar heating, or other means.
How does it work
Central heating systems work by a series of pipes that run through the house. The pipes are filled with a fluid (usually water or antifreeze) that is heated and circulated around the house.
This fluid flows through a series of radiator valves, which then heat up and distribute the heat throughout the room.
The benefits of central heating
Central heating is a system that provides heat to all the rooms in a building through a single source. It is an efficient way to heat a home and can save you money on your energy bills.
There are several benefits of central heating
Types of central heating systems
There are several types of central heating systems.
Gas central heating – A gas central heating system uses natural gas to heat the water that circulates through the pipes in your home.
Oil central heating – An oil central heating system uses oil to heat the water that circulates through the pipes in your home.
Electric central heating – An electric central heating system uses electricity to heat the water that circulates through the pipes in your home
How to maintain your central heating Sytem
Central heating systems need to be regularly maintained in order to work properly and save you money on your energy bills. Here are some tips for maintaining your central heating system.
1. Check the radiator valves – Make sure the radiator valves are open and that there is no air trapped in the system. If necessary, bleed the radiators to release any trapped air.
2. Clean the filters – The filters on your central heating system should be cleaned every few months. This will help to ensure that the system works efficiently.
3. Test the boiler – It’s a good idea to test your boiler once a month. You can do this by turning it on and checking for any leaks or unusual noises.
4. Get a yearly service – A yearly service will help keep your central heating system running efficiently. This is a good way to get any issues with your boiler dealt with quickly.
5. Keep the radiators clean – Dirt and debris can build up in the radiator valves, so it’s a good idea to get this cleaned every few months.
Central heating is a system that provides heat to all the rooms in a building through a single source. It is an efficient way to heat a home and can save you money on your energy bills. There are several benefits of central heating, such as it being comfortable and quiet. Central heating systems come in different types, such as gas, oil, or electric. They need to be regularly maintained in order to work properly and save you money on your energy bills. Contact Northwest Boilers for a free quote today.