Home Care Agreement
The service agreement is arranged by NW Boilers Ltd, company registration 12768928.
NW Boilers is a specialist provider of boiler breakdowns, servicing & care plans throughout the North West. The service and repair agreement is between us and you the customer.
Our plans are not categorised as insurance products and therefore insurance regulation does not apply. The agreement will be in force once fees due under the Agreement (monthly and any excess due) have been paid.
The service agreement contains details of the plan purchased and the terms and conditions applicable. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. This document forms the basis of your agreement with NW Boilers. It is important you understand exactly the extent of cover provided in the service agreement purchased. If you are unsure about anything or have a query, please contact us immediately.
In order to report a breakdown call or message NW Boilers providing name, address & agreement number. NW Boilers will source a suitable engineer to attend your property and endeavour to complete the repair. We aim to attend premises within 2 working days and will prioritise emergency situations. This is subject to there being no circumstances that would prevent access or otherwise prevent the provision of repairs (eg adverse weather conditions).
NW Boilers will use their discretion as to when and how the repairs are undertaken. There may be times when replacement parts are unavailable, delayed or are no longer available because of circumstances beyond our control. In the event of this occurring we will ensure that your property is safe and advise of the next steps.
In the event that you engage the services of an engineer prior to making contact with NW Boilers any costs incurred by you will not be covered.
REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OR COMPONENTS
We reserve the right to use replacement parts supplied from third parties in addition to those parts that may be sourced from the manufacturer or their approved suppliers. We are not responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience resulting from a delay in obtaining or receiving delivery from the relevant supplier of any spares.
ANNUAL BOILER SERVICE Your plan includes a provision for an annual gas boiler service. Boiler servicing will be completed in accordance with the current Gas Safety Regulations. Please make sure that you have the manufacturer’s instructions available for the engineer when they attend.
All agreements can be terminated by giving 30 days written notice to NW Boilers
Pricing is shown in individual care plan documents (notice will be given in the event of any inflationary price increases).
SECTION A : BOILER
What we cover
All repairs to :
- A single natural gas boiler on your property that’s designed for home use and has a heat output capacity of up to 50kw.
- The room sealed flue up to one metre in length and the flue terminal
- External controls that make the boiler work, single zone motorised valve and central heating pump.
- Annual boiler service.
- Leaks inside the boiler casing
- Up to 30% discount on a boiler replacement (subject to conditions)
What we do not cover
- Boilers that are over net input (50kw).
- Routine adjustment of time, temperature controls, replacement of batteries and internet controllers.
- Any form of renewable energy systems or underfloor heating systems and their parts. Repairing or replacing air or ground source heat pumps.
- Damage caused by limescale, sludge or other debris, if we’ve advised that repairs need to be carried out, improvements or a NW Boiler system cleaning or similar process but this hasn’t been done.
- Intermittent faults where this cannot be identified at the time of the approved engineer’s attendance.
- Lack of maintenance or neglect by you (if your boiler has not been serviced in line with the manufacturer’s instructions or if you have no protection against hard water).
- Hot water problems due to taps and showers.
- Repairing or replacing open flues and their terminals or flues over one metre in length.
- Replacing or topping up your system inhibitor unless we’ve removed it.
- Any part of your boiler and controls which directly supplies a swimming pool or hot tub.
- If boiler stops working following extra radiator being installed by someone other than NW Boilers.
SECTION B : BOILER & CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM
What we cover (in addition to what’s covered in the boiler section A)
- Central heating components eg zone valves, bypass valves, zone thermostats.
- Vented and unvented hot water cylinder components.
- Room thermostats & external programmer.
- Repairs to the heating system on your property, eg radiator valves, leaks, valve faults and the pipes that connect the central heating system.
We do not cover (in addition to what’s not covered in the boiler section A)
- Internet controlled thermostatic valves.
- The replacement of water tanks, cylinders and central heating radiators.
- Replacement of cisterns in the loft.
- Replacement of immersion heaters
SECTION C : BOILER & CENTRAL HEATING & PLUMBING
What we cover (in addition to what’s covered in the boiler section A & Boiler & Central Heating system section B)
- Repairs to the plumbing system eg hot and cold water pipes between your internal stopcock up to and including your taps and garden taps and the flexible pipes to your kitchen appliances.
- Central heating pipes.
- Toilet siphons, isolation and filler valves.
- We will provide assistance in an emergency following damage or failure of the plumbing system in the following circumstances : Where internal flooding or water damage is a likely consequence
We do not cover (in addition to what’s not covered in the boiler section A & Boiler & Central Heating system section B)
- Pipes outside the boundary of your property.
- Detached outbuilding.
- Plumbing and filtration system for swimming pools or spa bath.
- Repairing or replacing steel or lead pipes.
- Guttering or fall pipes.
- Soil vent pipe and drains blockage.
- Descaling and any work arising from hard water scale deposits.
- Cracked or broken toilets or cistern, bath / shower units, seals or grouting.
- Cesspits, septic tanks, vacuum drainage systems, electric pumps, saniflow systems or other macerator-based systems.
- Any repair to a water or drain pipe which requires excavation (we will not excavate ground matter to gain access to any blocked / leaking pipe).
- Any reinstatement costs relating to flooring, walls, ceilings and / or any other surface.
- Showers and their parts, shower pumps, sanitary ware, spa baths, seals and grouting.
- Any parts that are designed to boost your mains water pressure.
- Water softeners, water filters and waste disposal units and taps that deliver boiling or filtered water.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs, fountains, ponds or water features, garden irrigation systems, free standing garden taps and the water pipes running to or from them.
- Rainwater pipes and guttering.
- Frozen pipes that need defrosting where there is no other damage.
- Any water supply pipe that doesn’t supply your home.
- Water meters.
- Repair and/or maintenance of any appliance / device fitted to your plumbing system
UNDERSTANDING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ we mean NW Boilers ltd, as the provider of the services for your non-insured products. By ‘you’ or ‘your’ we mean the person(s) named on your agreement, plus the people who normally live in your home, including any tenants. Only the person(s) named
on the statement, or their spouse, legal partner or authorised contact can amend or cancel the agreement.
The following words have the meanings given below :
Accidental damage – when you do something that stops your boiler, appliance or system from working properly, without meaning to.
Agreement – these terms and conditions and your statement confirming each product you have with us.
Annual service – a check in each period of agreement to ensure that your boiler, gas appliance or central heating and ventilation is working safely and in line with relevant laws and regulations.
Authorised contact – a managing agent, landlord or any named person who you’ve authorised and who we’ve agreed can act on your behalf to make arrangements under your agreement in relation to a property.
Boiler and controls – a single natural gas boiler on your property that’s designed for home use and has a heat output capacity of up to 50kw – as well as the flue and the controls that make it work, including the programmer, any thermostats, motorised zone valves and central heating pump.
Chemical flush out – a process where we remove most of the sludge from your central heating system by using chemicals.
Central heating – the heat and hot water system on your property.
Cylinders – tanks which store hot water.
Drains – the system of waste water pipes on your property.
First service – a check to confirm whether we can cover your boiler and controls or central heating.
Gas supply pipe – the pipe that connects your gas meter to your gas boiler and other gas appliances you have on your property.
Home – the building, including any attached garage or conservatory where you live or a home you own, including holiday homes or rental properties.
Landlord – someone who owns a property which they don’t occupy and which may be occupied by a tenant.
Managing agent – someone who provides managed services to a landlord in relation to one definitions or more properties.
Monitor/monitoring – keeping an eye on your boiler data so we can identify when your boiler is failing to produce heat or hot water.
Period of agreement – the day your agreement starts until your agreement runs out, as detailed on your statement.
Product/products – cover or service for certain appliance(s) or system(s).
Property/properties – a home and all the land up to your boundary – including any detached outbuildings.
Repair(s)/repairing/repaired – to fix your boiler, appliance or system following an individual fault or breakdown but not repairs that are purely cosmetic (for example mould, dents or scratches) or related to software which doesn’t stop the main function of your boiler, appliance or system from working or make it unsafe.
Sludge – the natural build-up of deposits in your boiler or central heating system as it corrodes over time.
Upgrades – improvements that make your boiler, appliance or system safer or more efficient.
Warm-air – where your home is heated by warm air flowing through vents, not hot water flowing.
Approved engineer(s)/engineer(s) – A qualified person approved and instructed by NW Boilers to undertake work.
Call out – A request for assistance from you.
Commencement date – The start of the service agreement as shown in the schedule.
Cancellation notice – You must provide us with 30 days notice to cancel your plan.
Emergency – A sudden and unexpected event which, if not dealt with quickly would in the reasonable opinion of NW Boilers:
a) Render the property unsafe or insecure; or
b) Damage or cause further damage to the property; or
c) Cause personal risk to you; or
d) Cause a health and safety risk to others.
Monthly payment – Where you have chosen to pay monthly the agreed payment payable by you due each full calendar month from the commencement date in order that the plan remains in force under the terms and conditions.
Trace and access – Finding or investigating a fault. Please note your plan does not include investigating or locating a leak. If the source of the leak is not clearly visible and identifiable your claim will be declined.
Unoccupied – Where no one has resided in the property for a period exceeding 60 consecutive days.
Commencement date – The date you receive your plan schedule.